When writing this blog, the latest version of Magento 2 only compatible with PHP version up to 7.1.+ and PHP 7.2 is not compatible. To install Magento 2, you need a VPS. This installation guide is good to follow because it doesn’t contain bloatware packages.
- Go get VPS at linode.com.
- After that, follow the initial server setup from here, secure your SSH https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/initial-server-setup-with-centos-7
- and follow this guideline for initial setting from linode, especially setting up the hostname https://www.linode.com/docs/getting-started/
- Then install LEMP by following this guide (please stop until you have done mariadb installation guide): https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-linux-nginx-mysql-php-lemp-stack-on-centos-7 we will use another method to install php 7.1.
- For installing PHP 7.1 including the PHP-FPM package use this link (please do not install the bloatware common modules installation. For PHP common module installation we will use recommended module for Magento 2. Do not waste your resources): https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/how-to-install-lemp-centos7
(THIS POST IS DEVELOPING)